22.9.09

Free Toddler Sweater Pattern


A fun little inexpensive play sweater made with love for Butterfly from Mama. I enjoy meditating or sending positive messages or energy with the intention focused on whom the project is for. What joy to think of my little one and reflect on our day focusing energy on her continued blessings. She enjoyed shopping for and picking out the yarn she wanted for her sweater. She also learns the value of patience as she inspects my work from the evening before. Two year old's are very complimentary so it's not bad for the old Mama EGO to hear her praise and enthusiasm for my very beginner knitting talent. My own BFF (expert knitter here is her site) taught me to knit and crochet over the phone. Each time I go home to NY she teaches me something new. I can't wait to show her I've made up my first "in writing" knitting pattern...
I would enjoy reading comments if anyone decides to make or alter this for a little on in your life, and pictures please!!! Oh, little Butterfly is 2 years and 8 months old, wearing size 2T.



It is ridiculously simple so excuse the directions please...


Yarn (I used Impeccable worsted, under $4.00 for 192 yards)



Needles size 8 or 5.0mm and 4 double pointed needles



Front: Cast on 40 stitches



(knit stitch, pearl stitch pattern to create rib)



k,p until end for 6 rows



next row, increase 1 stitch or make one on each side



continue pattern k,p for 9 more rows



next row, increase 1 stitch or make one on each side



continue pattern k,p for 9 more rows



next row, increase 1 stitch or make one on each side



continue pattern k,p for 9 more rows



next row, increase 1 stitch or make one on each side



continue pattern k,p for 9 more rows



bind off



Back: Cast on 38 stitches

Repeat above for Back side, same as Front (added 2 stitches up there for belly space)



sew up sides leaving 20 stitches at the top or widest part free



sew 6 stitches together on top corners for shoulders leaving neck open



Sleeves:



with double pointed needles pick up stitches evenly on 3 separate needles...



begin k,p and continue



at 4 rows in, k2 tog, p2 tog, then continue k, p



at 4 more rows repeat k2 tog, p2 tog, then continue k, p



at 4 more rows repeat k2 tog, p2 tog, then continue k, p



this is all I have completed so far, will post pics tomorrow... also considering making a turtle neck in the round???



To be continued...

5 comments:

  1. Awesome pattern, can't wait to see pics!
    Thanks for your generous words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add this to ravelry queue once you post pics! Thanks for the free pattern, we love your blog!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, don't know if it is advanced enough for ravelry but thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL! I like Butterfly's yarn choice. Cool about it being on Ravelry. I will add it to my queue!

    ReplyDelete