If you live in the United States, please take a moment to visit the site and find out how to contact your local congress person asking them to renew/extend the adoption tax credit. It is currently set to expire January 2011. Thanks! http://adoptionvoices.com/profiles/blogs/clarification-on-adoption-tax Or, you can go directly to http://www.congress.org/ and under the 'Get Involved' button, type in your zip code which will then take you to a page containing the mailing and email address of representatives in your state. It only takes about 10 minutes to write each person and your efforts will be appreciated by many families. I wrote a letter and copied and pasted changing the rep's name appropriately each time. Feel free to copy and past switching the names and send to your local State Representative. THANK YOU and Blessings always.

Dear Representative,

I am passionate about adoption as an alternative for extending families. As you know adoption costs can be extremely expensive and add up quickly. There are many good families in the United States whom want to adopt a child both in our country and internationally but are held back due to not being able to afford the process. President Obama graciously extended the bill for adoption tax credit expiring January 2011 for both children with non-disabilities and disabilities. He also kindly made the tax credit refundable. I trust in your power as a representative of our State and ask that you do everything you can to keep this bill active. Thank you so much for your time and effort in this matter.

Your Name


  1. Doing it now, thanks for sharing this, as adoption is close to our hearts as well!

  2. The above comment is from me :)

  3. Very cool Jill - so glad you and AJ are involved and active in love and life. Checking it out meow. CJ